Ultimate Blueberry Pancakes
Top of the morning to you! Before I begin I must stress the importance of your first meal of the day. By starting your day with a great breakfast you are setting yourself up for a successful day of healthy eating. When you wait too long to grab a bite in the morning you are much more likely to reach for a sugary treat that will only satisfy you for a short amount of time.
I know what you may be thinking: "I don't have time for breakfast." Yes, breakfast seems to be an afterthought in many morning routines. With only a short amount of time to get to work it can be challenging to decide what to eat, cook it and have time to gobble it down before heading out the door. Don't worry, as always I have a solution for you.
I believe that a balanced breakfast should consist of protein, carbohydrates and fats! If you top these pancakes with nut butter you are all set. (Come on, who doesn't love peanut butter anyway!) This meal will keep hunger at bay for hours and help control any morning cravings
The great thing about the recipe I am about to share is that it can made ahead to enjoy when hunger hits. For those very short on time it can even be batch cooked and frozen for later use!
You no longer have an excuse to skip the most important meal of the day.
LET'S GET COOKING!
What You Will Need
1. Blender: I highly suggest purchasing a magic bullet as it makes for an easy clean up!
2: Fry pan: I love using a small size fry pan to create the perfect pancake form! If you prefer smaller flap jacks try using a large pan and dividing the recipe into four.
3: Coconut Oil: This should be a staple in all of your high heat cooking! Coconut oil remains stable under high heat, and had countless health benefits.
- Oats (Instant)
- egg whites,
- baking powder, plain greek yogurt or cottage cheese (I suggest 0%), blueberries (fresh or frozen- you do not need to defrost prior)
- Pre-heat pan with coconut oil
- Place first four ingredients in magic bullet or blender
- Stir in blueberries
- Pour into heated pan
- Flip when pancake begins to bubble!
- Top with natural nut butter or pure maple syrup
Tip: A calorie free option would be a tbsp of stevia and a tsp of cinnamon!
Alter The Recipe!
Maybe you aren't a fan of blueberries, or your tastes change. Here are a few swaps to transform this recipe. Simply swap 1/2 cup blueberries for one of the following options:
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips or stevia chocolate chips!
- 1/2 cup of strawberries or other berries!
- 1/2 banana- You can blend it right into the batter with a little bit of cinnamon for a banana bread taste.